Watauga Orthopaedics is currently offering a post graduate fellowship program for physician assistants. This will offer physician assistants further specialty training in the field of Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery. You will receive your training from board certified orthopaedic providers and surgeons. If you are interested in the program please see the requirements and additional information listed below. We look forward to helping all interested applicants further their education in the field of Orthopaedics.
P.A. Fellowship Program Requirements:
- Accepted applicants must be a graduate of a CAAHEP approved program.
- Accepted applicant must have passed the NCCPA board examination.
- Application for Tennessee licensure is expected at the time of acceptance into the program.
- Applicants must obtain 3 letters of recommendation. One letter from the applicant’s program director of the PA program from which they have graduated and one letter from an orthopaedic surgeon.
- Accepted applicants must be up to date on all immunizations including a PPD test within the past 1 year. Persons with a history of TB must submit a current (within last 12 months) chest x-ray.
Additional Information Concerning the P.A. Fellowship Program:
- Program duration is 6 months.
- Openings are in January, April, July, and October.
- Pay is $2000 per month paid Bi-weekly.
- No Insurance or Housing Provided.
- Hours will vary depending on the rotation that you are in. Some rotations are less than 40 hours a weeks and some are more than 40 hours a week.
- To be considered for the Fellowship program you must submit the online application, a current copy of resume or C.V., and have the required letters of recommendation mailed to:
Physician Assistant Fellowship Program
Watauga Orthopaedics, PLC
2410 Susannah Street
Johnson City, TN 37601
- Once the application, resume, and all reference letters are received your information will be taken to our board of directors to be reviewed.
Please click here for online application.
To view the syllabus for the Physician Assistant Fellowship Program click here .
*If you have any further questions please contact Martha Christensen, Administrative Assistant, at (423) 722-0261 or e-mail ChristensenMD@wataugaortho.com